Sunday, June 28, 2009

about the baby shower....


I know a couple of posts earlier I said that my baby shower would take place back in May in Miami.......


Well, there has been a change of plans (tee-hee).


Although, we stayed there a few weeks - we got swamped. There was this huge move we needed to make. I'm talking like renting a UHAUL & driving it 830+ miles back to NC w/ an auto transport also hauling the car we originally drove down there. Although arduous, it was well worth it. It took up alot of time and planning while we were down in the MIA. My mom gave us a beautiful dining/living room set for what was over 400sq ft of empty living space we had back in our house. The planning and coordinating took up most of our time. Suffice to say, having a soiree was the last thing on our minds.


The shower is still on though!! I'm going to make a second trip to the MIA 2nd week of August. Baby shower date = TBA. I started on the registry and I'm almost done. I'm registered @ Walmart (or as my grandmas says "gu-al-mar" ). The atmosphere will BBQ style. Just relaxing and family friendly. It will also be co-ed unless of course you'd like to leave your significant other at home lol. K will be there - so I think he'll appreciate seeing another "dude" around. I've also sent my sister the names, phone # and email addresses of everyone I'd like to see there. Again, if you're reading this blog I want you there! If you think I have an outdated number or contact info for you - just email me at thepacklers@gmail.com.

3 comments:

  1. Walmart is the devil.
    I will hopefully be able to find what you register for at TOYS R US.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will bring Mark. As much as he loves Kevin, I'm not sure he wants to go to a baby shower... but I will make him come.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle, no worries I'm going to also have an online one through myregistry.com with items from target, babies r us , and other online merchants ;-)

    ReplyDelete